New Year’s Resolutions
Okay, I’m finally back to blogging after a very long break! To get myself back into it, I’ll start with a clichéd post: New Year’s Resolutions. Of course, I’ll only share the ones that relate to fashion/design. I’m a Junior in high school so this is the year that I’m trying to crack down and seek out new opportunities that could be beneficial to my artistic/professional development or would just look good on a college resume.
1) Get accepted to a top-notch pre-college summer program. I applied to Parsons ( SIS in Paris, for Fashion Culture), NYU/Tisch (for Theatre Production/Design), and Boston University/BUSTI (for Theatre Design). All three offer college credits so that would be a great if I could get a head start on that.
2) Get a job. Preferably retail so I could keep it on my resume for a while.
3) Get accepted to the Nordstrom BP Fashion Board. That would be another great experience for many reasons. A) it would look great on a resume B) it would be a fantastic way to network C) the monthly projects would be a good substitute for FIT (which I won’t be doing next semester).
4) Seriously start working on my portfolio. I won’t have a ton of time this summer so I’d like to knock out a sort of “rough draft” by the end of Spring.
5) Blog more consistently. I could probably handle twice a month at least.
6) Don’t take on too many projects at once. This is a big one and relates to my final resolution, as well.
7) RELAX. When I was about 12, I told myself I needed to be a fashion design prodigy by age 16. And I sort of am! I’ve accomplished quite a lot so now I think I deserve to take a step back and have some fun along with all the other crazy things.
So my question for you is: what is your top New Year’s Resolution and why?